|MRI 1.5 Tesla||MRI 3.0 Tesla|
|MRI Joints (elbow/hand/foot/knee/sacral-iliac/basin)||560 RON||420 RON||600 RON|
|MRI Joints (shoulder/ankle)||655 RON||490 RON||700 RON|
Joints investigations: MRI investigations shows all anatomic structures both the sectional study in several plans and the multiplanar reconstruction of the investigated zones. This technique of imagistic exploration offers a superior quality of the lesions being at the same time a non iradiant method. The use of surface antennas makes the method offer corresponding information and images with a rich diagnostic content, especially at the level of bone polystyrene (marrow) of the cartilage structures, of the ligament structures as well as of the tendon and muscle structures, being useful in trauma and degenerative pathology.
The preparation of the patient
The specialist doctor must be informed if:
- the patient has/wears a pacemaker, metallic tubes or any other metallic objects fixed in the body (especially at the eye level), metallic heart valves, metallic clips at the head level, metallic implants in the ear, medical dental prosthesis (e.g. the injectometre pump). For the patients wearing metallic dental prosthesis, stants etc, it is a very important that the doctor who requires the investigation should mention if the materials they are made of are compatible with MRI.
- The patient is allergic to drugs (the contrast substance used for MRI does not contain iodine) and, if there are anterior allergic situations to the contrast substance used for MRI, we recommend the information of the doctor before beginning the test.
- The female patient wears an intrauterine device (DIU); this is not accepted for the test.
- The patient suffers from claustrophobia. Claustrophobia (fear of being kept in a small enclosed space) represents a relative contraindication. In order to prevent this, we recommend by the curing doctor, after the recommendation of the specialist in imagistics.
- The patient suffers from other disorders (knee disorders) which can contraindicate the MRI investigation with a contrast substance.
How is the investigation made?
MRI is made by the MRI operator and is interpreted by the radiologist doctor having a competency in MRI.
- The patient enters in the undressing room, gets off his clothes and puts on a disposable dressing gown.
- He is introduced in the room where the magnet is and is placed on the examination table by the medical staff.
- In certain situations, emitting coils and receptors of radiofrequency waves are placed on the patient’s body.
- Then the patient remains alone in the examination room and the test begins.
- If it`s necessary, he will be administered the paramagnetic contrast substance.
- For the examinations the require contrast substance, it is necessary the recent urea and creatinine blood test.
- MRI can last 20-60 minutes depending on the investigated zone and the number of the investigated zones.
- During the examination the patient can communicate with the doctor or the medical staff by means of interphones.
- The exploration is painless. The claustrophobia sensation can appear, a warm sensation under the examination zone.
- During the expiration, the patient hears noises that can be significantly reduced/low by wearing headphones or ear plugs.
Absolute contraindications: the existence of a pacemaker, the existence of metallic heart valves prosthesis, the existence of a neuronal stimulator, the existence of a metallic intra vessel stents made of iron at the head level, the presence of the metallic fragments (shells, splinters) at the head level, especially in the eye or eye socket, pregnancy in the first quarter.
Relative contraindications: claustrophobia, intrauterine devices, permanent tattoos, osteosynthesis materials, prosthesis (screws, rods, knee and hip prosthesis).